Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Beauty of Winter

Yes I think it is beautiful, no I'm not afraid of crashing.  Knock on wood; I have not crashed yet or even slipped much for that matter.


I felt like today that I could have just kept riding. It was sunny and crisp. These are the mornings that make it real hard to go sit indoors in an office when you know it is absolutely beautiful outside.

I have noticed some differences between my heavy mountain bike and my cyclo-cross/commuter bike in icy slippery conditions.  The mountain bike has wider tires which I could let the air out of to make it have a lower PSI which would cause a wider surface area and less slippages.  This seemed to work much better than running my commuter at 60 PSI with a more narrow tire.

I'm about to depart into a blizzard without proper leg cover so hopefully I survive.  I am ordering a new pair of Marmot winter pants which I will talk about more in the future.

Anyways here is what I am riding off into.

Cheers!

taken 3hrs before I actually left. Everything is now completely blanketed and I have 500ft to climb to get home

No comments:

Post a Comment